Thursday, March 10, 2016

A Review of Room

Realistic. Terrifying. Heartwarming. Heartbreaking. These are the four best words I could find that would best describe Room. A movie about a young mother and her son, Room accurately portrays a situation we all fear to some degree, being kidnapped. After being kidnapped at 17, Joy is kept in a shed and continually raped, when she gives birth to Jack, who spends five years of his life in "Room," which is basically his whole world. We get to see how Joy has had to hide the fact that her and Jack are abducted from her son, because of his age. The story follows the experiences that these two face, and the affect that being kidnapped has taken on their mental health and lives in general.
I really enjoyed this movie because I've had a life long fear of being kidnapped, as surely we all do, and found the ideology and decisions made by the characters to be very realistic sounding. Plus I've always enjoyed a good thriller, where the good guys always wins, which this movie has. I don't want to give too much away but spoiler, Joy and Jack escape their captor! Another reason why I enjoyed this movie is because the acting and setting were very well done. What intrigued me the most was interesting it was to see how "Room" looked while Joy and Jack were held there and after they'd escaped.
I know this blog post has been short but I just figured I would do a mini review and recommendation for those of you who have not seen the incredibly well-done Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment