Sunday, January 24, 2016

Man of Steel: A Long-Awaited Review

Even though this movie came out three years ago I finally just got to seeing it. This is because I realized, "Holy crap, I've never seen Superman and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is coming out on March 25th!" Anyway I'm here to tell you what happened in the movie and what I thought of it.
The beginning of the movie is basically Superman's dad telling the leaders of Krypton that their world is going to die very soon, them not believing him, General Zod coming in the room and being evil, Superman's dad runs away, does a crime, and does all of this stuff I'm not going to explain, which results in Superman (Kal-El) getting sent to earth in hopes that he will keep the Kryptonian race alive and NOT die. After Kal/Clark/Superman gets sent to Earth, Zod says that he will find Kal and kill him, I'm paraphrasing here.
If you know me at all then you will know that I am an old-fashioned good vs. evil enjoying person. I like straight up protagonist (Superman) vs. antagonist (Zod), and the good guy winning in the end, getting a happy ending. So naturally, I'm rooting for baby Kal to make it to Earth, find a good family to grow up with, and become the superhero the world needs. Suffice to say, I wasn't at all disappointed, because all of these things happen in sequence.
After growing up with hardships; trying not to be discovered, being bullied and fighting the urge not to fight back, and the struggles of having powers, Clark grows up searching for the secrets of where he came from and who his parent were. After a long time searching, he finds a long lost ship that he ends up controlling, only to discover a journalist on board who had followed, Lois Lane- his future love.
I'm pretty much going to skip half of the story but in the end Zod ends up threatening Earth in return for Kal, tries to destroy Earth and make it into Krypton, and dies at the hands of Superman. This death destroys Kal because it was the first kill he was directly responsible for and because he couldn't kill him in time to save a family of four. This was a very emotional moment for me because Superman has a good heart and this caused him to try to be merciful to Zod, when in the end there was no redemption for Zod, who killed that family of four out of revenge towards Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment