Sunday, February 7, 2016

Comic Books: A Compilation of My Thoughts

I finally realized that there was one style of book, other than magazines, graphic novels, and the rest of nonfiction, that I have not yet talked about. For this post I don't really have a focus towards comic books so I figured that I would just share my thoughts about comics with you readers.
I love comics because they let me live in a fantasy world where anything is possible. I believe I mentioned this point in my earlier post "Why Read?", but being swept away into a fantasy world where there are brave superheroes who defeat the bad guys. Due to the fact that the original comics were mainly written between the 1940's (Captain America) and the 1960's (Every other superhero ever), there weren't any independent female superheroes. While there was Agent Carter with Captain America and Black Widow (Natasha Romanova) with Iron Man, they still haven't got their own movies but that's a WHOLE other discussion. Anyways, these female characters are my main inspiration for loving comic books because they are bada**, independent, and most of all, brave.
I love delving into the Marvel Universe because every character doesn't back down in times of danger, much unlike myself. If I had to face the dangers these characters did, I would be a coward and probably pee my pants, let's be real we all would.
Plus, the whole history behind the first comic books are very interesting. Take Captain America for example, he was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, who created Captain America because they couldn't stand what was unfolding in Nazi Germany and felt that the United States needed a patriotic hero. Superheroes were basically created because people were overall really sad due to the back-to-back events of WWI, the Great Depression, and WWII.
Overall, I love comic books, because the characters are all very unique, skilled, brave, you get the point. Comics are another source of entertainment that readers/writers like me, use to get away from reality for just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment