Sunday, November 8, 2015

The 100

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS
Looking for a good dystopian drama? This show will satisfy your craving. It has blood lust, death, intrigue, and much more. Honestly this show is like a lot of dystopian shows out there but myself being easily impressed, I fell in love with this drama.
With season two being released on Netflix, I knew what I was doing for the next week and weekend. I just finished the second season and I have to say, while I wasn't surprised with the overall ending. There was one thing at the end that just bothered the heck out of me. But we'll get to that, first I have to give a brief summary of the show.
A show about 100 juvenile delinquents being flow from outer space, to the ground of a radiation-filled Earth, this show has plot-twists galore. But if you've seen season one, or the introduction season, you've seen nothing yet. The second season starts with Clarke being in an all white room, obviously in some sort of medical center. Of course, Clarke escapes and gets back to her people. But throughout the show we lose quite a few people. We lose Finn, who Clarke kills, we almost lose Clarke's mom Abby and the former commander Marcus Kane, plus a few times we lost Lincoln (but he came back), and finally we lose Maya, the love interest of Jasper.
But at the end of season two when Clarke decides to leave the camp because it causes her too much grief I nearly lost it. Clarke had killed Finn, a bunch of grounders and her own people, and all of the citizens of Mount Weather to get her friends back to her camp, just to leave? I was so done, but the she said how she bears the grief so that the others don't have to. In turn, I thought that was very noble of her. But again I nearly lost it when she said "May we meet again," and Bellamy said it back to her, both heading in opposite directions.
I'm sorry for those reading this who haven't seen the 100 or those who haven't seen the second season of the 100. I just really needed to express my likes and dislikes about season two due to my just finishing the show. Now all I have to do it wait for the third season!

No comments:

Post a Comment