Sunday, November 8, 2015

How To Get Through That Reading Slump

Have you ever been so busy you just don't have time for reading? Well I am currently in the position and am here to help you fellow wayward readers back on track with reading or how to cope with your reading slump.
Most people either truly love reading and get sad when they don't get the time to read or they just don't like reading and don't read much in the first place, resulting in them not caring. But to help myself cope I find other means to get my creative fill. I will listen to music, watch Netflix before I fall asleep, or on the weekends I will watch a movie. Some of you are probably like, "How can you not read a book during the weekend?" Well, most of my books are parts of a series. And me being me, I have to read the other books to recap what I don't remember. Thus this taking more time than just two days, because I am a slow reader.
If you haven't noticed my blogging about Netflix has gotten pretty ridiculous, this being because I don't have the time to read. But generally blogging about reading, Netflix, and movies helps me unleash my creative side and that is another factor of my coping to not being able to read. It also doesn't help being forced to read from a list of "classic literature" at school, which is pretty much another way of saying that they're making us read the most boring pieces ever. This is yet another factor of the Slump. If you are really desperate to find a way to cope with your reading loss, take on another creative activity. This may also be the reason you are in a reading slump, well that and work. I am blessed to be able to express my creative side through dance, but this is also another reason I don't have the time to read.
I guess the point of this post was to explain that while I may be extremely busy I am trying to find the  time to read. It can be hard to find that time window but if you try hard enough you can find it or learn to cope. Whatever you have going on, or not, I hope you all find that special time to read and get a perfect book to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment