Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Love Triangle

We all are familiar with this topic I assume? Recycled, I know, I know. Let's see if I can put an interesting twist on the matter.
The infamous love triangle, it's been done time and time again. Is it truly a bad thing though? While we may get very sick of it, we all know why it's a reoccurring topic. We love love triangles. They are like that addiction to Netflix, Youtube, that special book you're reading, caffeine, whatever you're addicted to. We crave love triangles because of their impossibility. I mean come on, who is going to have to guys pining for them at the same time and be attracted to both of them? I mean I would say it applies for the opposite gender but...
Anyways we love them because they are unrealistic. Take Twilight and Hunger Games for instance. We all should know these stories, correct? Epic love triangle between the main girl and her two best guy friends? These books are fiction. This would never happen in real life. Plus to add the fact that both of these stories incorporate vampires and a radical dystopian society.
We crave these unreachable love triangles the same way we crave reading fiction, given the fact that fiction normally has a sort of romance or love triangle. They may seem a tad ridiculous and annoying but as I have said repeatedly we will always love them whether we know it or not, or just want to deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment