Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Martian: A Riveting Movie Review

Looking for an action-packed new movie to go see? I highly recommend seeing The Martian. As a lover of sci-fi/action movies this movie is a must see. It ranks pretty much equivalent to the movie, Interstellar, with Matthew McConaughey.
The movie begins with a team of astronauts on Mars doing research. But a storm of colossal magnitude comes and the team is forced to evacuate. But upon trying to get to their ship, the team leaves an astronaut by the name of Mark Watney, on Mars. They had thought he was dead because he had been hit by a satellite that broke off of the top of their research center.
After leaving the story is about Mark Watney making his way about surviving on Mars alone. He can't contact NASA so he is alone on Mars and everyone believes he is dead. Watney ends up finally reaching NASA and the story is about how he survives on Mars and the events that lead up to if he is rescued or not. I'm not going to give the ending away but the story is intense but with comedic relief about the problems Watney faces while on Mars and what he does to solve each problem.
I really loved this movie because it made me look at not only space but of astronauts, science, and NASA all in a different light. The movie showed in great detail the drastic measures that go into sending a group of people into space and how the organization deals with that publicity. Initially, I was already curious because of the recent discovery of water on Mars, and this movie has only made me more curious as to what NASA has in store for the future of space-travel to Mars.
The Martian also showed the courage it takes for an astronaut to go into the unknowns of space-travel, having to deal with problem after problem, and the way it takes a toll on the astronauts being away from their families for an extended period of time.
The main thing that this movie taught/showed me is how I can be anything I want if I put my mind to it. I know that sounds ridiculous but The Martian showed me how many jobs and personalities go into a space expedition and even a movie about a space expedition. If I can teach/inspire/tell you one thing is that if you even have the slightest inclination as to something you might want to do as a future job, follow your dreams and explore them because they are endless and vast.

No comments:

Post a Comment