Thursday, October 22, 2015

Writers' Block

In all honesty I've become victim to Writers' Block. Hence my writing about it even though it's been done countless times before. But I hope to possibly shed a new light on the matter.
Writers' Block in my opinion is used as an excuse not to write. Authors use Writers' Block as an excuse to not write because they are afraid of ruining the potential of the picture/story they were preserving in their minds. But that just isn't how writing is meant to happen. For example, I am a dancer and when I attempt to choreograph a small combination what I pictured in my head at first is not the outcome. Thought processes change the way we see an idea and that isn't entirely bad. One can just stay on the same path and not venture a bit because that is the most ineffective way to write a story, paper, whatever.
The best way to overcome Writers' Block (that I've discovered so far in my short life) is just to write a meaningless story and do whatever you want with your made up characters, if you are writing a fictional narrative. My Creative Writing teacher taught me this and the meaning of Writers' Block. But it is very effective to write a meaningless story because once you go back to writing your serious piece you can begin to look at in a different life and just attempt to venture off the path a little bit with your fictional characters.
In even more honestly for you readers, this is my meaningless post/story. In which I hope that the coming posts will be more eventful and you will enjoy them more than this recycled topic I'm digging up out of the recycling bin. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment